Please be aware that our mention of the following companies, businesses, and organizations is provided for informational purposes and should not be interpreted as an endorsement. We strongly encourage you to conduct thorough research and engage in discussions with your primary veterinarian to determine the best option(s) for you and your family’s specific needs.
Affordable Vet Care
- Quality, low-cost vetting care.
- Affordable vet care, lower costs based on income.
- Assists families with financial limitations to pay for extraordinary veterinary expenses necessary to save a pet’s life
- Provide qualified pet owners in Western WI* with basic financial assistance.
- Nonprofit quality care. Reducing barriers to care.
- High quality, low cost spay/neuter for those in need.
- High quality, low cost spay/neuter
- Free medical care and related services to pets of people experiencing, or at risk of, homelessness. (website)
- Low cost, quality vet care.
Monthly wellness and vaccination clinics.
Emergency Poison Control
Animal Poison Control – ASPCA
(note: consultation fee applies)
Local Pet-Specific Food Shelves
People & Pets Together (Minneapolis)
Animal Humane Society – Pet Loss Support Group
- Funds to help elderly and disabled persons with assistance for vet care.
- Financial aid for families in a temporary financial crisis at the same time that their pet requires life-saving treatment
- Provides financial assistance grants to family-owned pets in need of lifesaving emergency or specialty vet care whose caregivers cannot afford the cost of treatment.
- One-time financial grants up to $200 USD to individual pet owners who are experiencing financial hardship
- Provides assistance for cancer treatment in dogs and cats
- All-volunteer 501c3 nonprofit that provides financial assistance throughout the United States to those who cannot afford veterinary care for their beloved furry family members
Urgent veterinary care grants
- A credit card service that offers financing and low monthly payment options for vet care, accepted nationwide at most veterinary clinics